LiveHyperlink ASP.NET Server Control Information
This page includes information about the LiveHyperlink Server Control, which is included in PowerWEB LiveControls for ASP.NET:
[View LiveControl Demo]
The LiveHyperlink server control represents an HTML link which can be updated from within a remote-scripted callback without refreshing the browser.
Remember! Any LiveControl which raises a callback to the server (such as LiveTimer) raises a server event within which ANY client-side element can be visually updated without refreshing the page!
The LiveHyperlink control has the following features:
- Cross-browser compatible, no plugins, downloads, or security warnings.
- Uses the same interface as the standard ASP.NET HyperLink control.
- Dynamically change link targets/images based on current state of application. The interface is not changed, so this occurs without any disruption to the user's interaction with the page.
LiveControls have been tested and are fully "callback-compatible" in the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0+ for Windows
- Microsoft Interner Explorer 5.0+ for Macintosh
- Netscape 7.1+ for Windows
- Netscape 7.1+ for Macintosh OS X
- Mozilla 1.3+ for Windows
- Mozilla 1.3+ for Macintosh OS X
- Firefox for Windows
- Firefox for Macintosh OS X
- Camino for Macintosh OS X
- Konqueror based engines
- Opera 5.0+
If a browser which is not compatible accesses a page containing LiveControls, the controls will fall back to the standard ASP.NET functionality. For example, a LiveButton issues a transparent callback when clicked. If on a non-compatible page, the button will still be displayed, but will cause a standard postback when clicked.
Server Tag Example
The following tags demonstrate typical settings for initializing a LiveHyperlink
<cc1:LiveHyperLink id="LiveHyperLink1" runat="server">Click Here</cc1:LiveHyperLink>
The LiveHyperlink is also quite easy to use in Code-Behind.
// Dynamically change the url of the link.
LiveHyperLink1.NavigateUrl = "http://www.dart.com";