Managing Messages with IMAP
The developer is faced with the challenge of managing remote mailboxes and messages on a mail server. The application must:
- List an account's hierarchy of mailboxes on an IMAP server
- Retrieve full messages or preview message headers
- Create and delete mailboxes on the server
- Report progress information
- Purge mailboxes of messages marked for deletion
- Mark or unmark messages as "Seen"
- Support servers implementing SSL security
With the PowerTCP Imap component, applications can perform all these tasks and more. The Imap Client sample demonstrates how to manage mailboxes on the server, retrieve and delete messages, manipulate message flags, and implement SSL security.