PowerSNMP for ActiveXfrom $1,199.00
A Superior SNMP COM Library
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) classes seamlessly integrate threaded communications, security, and encoding/decoding so you can quickly develop custom SNMP applications. This development tool requires fewer resources, provides more flexibility, and elicits code that is easy to re-use and maintain. Supports SNMP versions 1, 2, and 3.
Consulting and Custom Development
From MIB creation to complete SNMP systems, let our experienced staff help with your SNMP project. Here are some of the solutions we have delivered.
Manage network devices and remote information
- Manager ActiveX control queries agents, receives traps from agents, and sends/receives inform messages
- Discover agents and query their Management Information Base (MIB)
- Get an entire table with a single method ... ToTable() returns a 2 dimensional table array (supports sparse tables)
- Communicate with agents in parallel (on multiple threads) or serially (on a single thread)
Respond to SNMP requests and send traps
- Agent ActiveX control receives, decodes and responds to Get, GetNext, GetBulk and Set requests
- Create and send trap messages
- Create default response messages that can be modified as desired
- Automatically updates agent MIB
- Security class provides seamless SNMP v3 integration
- MD5, SHA authentication support
- DES, Triple DES, AES128, AES 192, AES 256 encryption support
- Automatic discovery of authoritative engine ID, time, and boots (values are automatically cached and reused)
Use standard and custom MIBs
- Load and parse MIB files
- MibNode class maps OIDs to the variable IDs found in PDUs
- Intrinsic support provided for standard SNMPv2 SMI MIBs
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
- Compatible with CISCO, MG_Soft, NET-SNMP and other SNMP products
- Compatible with FIPS 140-2 standards
- Complies with SNMP RFCs for version 1 (1155, 1156, 1157, 1212, 1213, 1215, 2863, 3418), version 2 (1901, 1907, 1908, 3416, 3417), and version 3 (3410, 3411, 3412, 3413, 3414, 3415, 3416, 3417, 3418, 3584, 3826, 5343)
- Simple Component Object Model (COM) classes and controls are intuitive and easy-to use
- Royalty-free distribution of 32-bit and 64-bit native code dll's (Dart.SnmpAx.dll and Dart.CoreAx.dll)
- Supporting classes (IPEndPoint, SnmpMessage, AuthoritativeEngine, MibNode, MibTrap, Security, Variable, VariableList) provide objects that simplify SNMP usage
- Requires no system services beyond basic network transport (independent of Windows SNMP Service)
Need a free SNMP Manager Application?
PowerSNMP Free Manager is an easy-to-use Windows Forms application built using PowerSNMP for .NET. Complete source code included with PowerSNMP for .NET.
Download PowerSNMP Free Manager >
Included With PowerSNMP for ActiveX
- 2 primary ActiveX controls with numerous supporting classes
- 5 example projects demonstrating usage
- Full MS Help 2 Documentation
|Agent ActiveX Control||Supports processing and responding to manager's requests and sending traps|
|Manager ActiveX Control||Queries SNMP Agents, receives traps, sends informs to other managers|
|AuthoritativeEngine||Processes packets received by the authoritative engine|
|Engine||Caches authoritative engine parameters for remote authoritative engines|
|EngineMap||Holds Engine objects indexed by IPEndPoint|
|IPEndPoint||Holds name, address and port parameters used to specify IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. Performs DNS name resolution.|
|IPEndPointList||Holds a list of IPEndPoint objects|
|Mib||Supports loading of external MIB files to cross reference OIDs with variable IDs|
|MibNode||Defines an OID that was created when a MIB file was loaded and parsed|
|MibNodeMap||Holds MibNode objects indexed by name and OID|
|MibTrap||Defines a trap that was created when a MIB file was loaded and parsed|
|MibTrapMap||Holds MibTrap objects indexed by name|
|Security||Holds parameters needed to encode/decode version 3 packets|
|SnmpMessage||Defines a message that can be encoded and sent to another SNMP entity (also shows decoded messages)|
|StringList||Holds a list of unicode Strings|
|System||Provides local system information like local IPEndPoints|
|User||Holds username, passwords, authentication and privacy algorithms used|
|UserList||Holds User objects indexed by integer|
|UserMap||Holds User objects indexed by name|
|Variable||Describes a variable ID string and value|
|VariableList||Holds Variable objects indexed by integer|
Hardware: Native code dll's are provided for Intel 32-bit and 64-bit OS's
Operating Systems: XP, Windows Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7+
PowerSNMP for ActiveX can be used in environments that support ActiveX controls:
- .NET Framework - 2 sample C# projects demonstrate 32-bit and 64-bit operation within simple console Manager and Agent applications
- Visual Basic - 3 sample Visual Basic 6 projects provided, including comprehensive SNMP Manager and Agent applications
- Visual C++
- Office 97/2000+
- VBA scripting environments
These PowerSNMP for ActiveX examples are working applications that include source code you can modify and distribute. Product functionality is fully demonstrated.
|MIB Viewer||Uses the Mib class to parse MIB files and browse their contents in human readable form.||VB 6|
|SNMP Agent||Uses the Agent Control to build a simple agent that reports canned statistics. Fully demonstrates version 3 capabilities. Sends traps.||VB 6|
|SNMP Manager||Uses the Manager Control to build a simple manager. Fully demonstrates version 3 capabilities. Demonstrates queries for basic variables, how to set values, sending/receiving of Inform messages, getting and displaying tables, and receiving traps.||VB 6|
|Agent Console||Responds to requests from managers. Targets 32-bit or 64-bit operation.||C# (.NET)|
|Manager Console||Requests common MIB variables from remote agents. Displays received traps.Targets 32-bit or 64-bit operation.||C# (.NET)|
Other Development Environments
If we don't have an example for your development environment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Product Release History for PowerSNMP for ActiveX
The following is a list of public releases for all components shipped with PowerSNMP for ActiveX (Latest Release 2015-10-21)
Current Version: 220.127.116.11
18.104.22.168 Released: 2015-10-21
- Dart Communications is pleased to announce the release of PowerSNMP for ActiveX 4.0.
Some of the new features include:
- SNMPV3 support.
- 64-bit ActiveX controls.
- IPv6 Support.
- Supports use of Apartment Threading or Free Threading.
Since this version is not an incremental upgrade, we have provided an upgrade guide to aid in migrating to PowerSNMP for ActiveX 4.0:
PowerSNMP for ActiveX 4.0 Upgrade Guide
Please contact us with any questions or concerns about migration at email@example.com.
PowerSNMP for ActiveX Agent Control
Use the Agent ActiveX control to easily build SNMP agents. Provides an easy-to-use interface that handles the details of processing and responding to SNMP managers' requests. Sends traps.
- Start method turns on agent asynchronous processing
- Request event is raised when a request message arrives and includes a default response message
- Log event is raised for logging all incoming/outgoing messages
- Error event is raised to report errors
- Binds to any IP address (version 4 or 6, IP_ANY and LOOPBACK)
- Independently encodes and sends trap and notification messages to managers (local IPEndPoint can be specified)
- Automatically generates default response messages from the local MIB object that can be sent as-is or modified by your application
- Automatic, on-the-fly message encoding and decoding
- Implements a v3 authoritative engine object that responds with v3 report messages
- Handles all v1, v2 and v3 Get, GetNext, GetBulk and Set requests and error reporting
- Console and web applications without a message loop are fully supported using MTA (Multi-Threaded Apartment Model) option
- Windows forms applications with a message loop are fully supported using asynchronous STA (Single-Threaded Apartment Model) option
- Build a message by setting properties, adding variables (OIDs) using simple Variable objects, and sending the message. It doesn't get any easier!
PowerSNMP for ActiveX Manager Control
Use the Manager ActiveX control to easily add SNMP manager functionality to your application. Provides an easy-to-use interface that handles the details of querying SNMP agents.
- Start() method turns on asynchronous processing to receive Inform and Trap messages (raises Inform and Trap events)
- Build a request message by setting properties, adding variables (OIDs) using simple Variable objects, and sending it using
- GetResponse() sends the request message to a single agent, returning a response message
- GetResponses() sends the request message to a broadcast address, returning an array of all response messages received
- Walk() sends multiple messages to a specified agent, returning a list of variable values that exist under the specified root OID (retrieving all table values in one easy step)
- Specify whether GetNext or GetBulk messages should be used, what the timeout should be, and whether the method should attempt retries
- Use the return value as a flat list, or use ToTable() to format variables into a dimensional array indexed by row and column
- GetResponse(), GetResponses() and Walk() can be executed using three possible threading techniques (for optimal operation in any environment)
- Free-threading operation is used for environments like ASP, services, or console applications where no message loop is present
- Pseudo-blocking operation is used to block execution and process the message loop while work executes on a worker thread
- Asynchronous operation is used for event-driven environments like VB6, where the request executes on a worker thread and raises an event when finished
- Discovery of v3 authoritative engine ID, time, and boots is automatic ... just address an Agent using an IPEndPoint object and discovery happens automatically
- Discovered authoritative engine parameters are cached and efficiently reused for successive requests