PowerTCP Mail for ActiveXfrom $499.00
Pop ActiveX Control
The Pop control downloads Internet email messages from any POP3 server. Features include:
- Explicit and Implicit SSL Security.
- Message object collection represents all messages on the server. Retrieve a single message, all messages, or a range of messages.
- Retrieve entire messages, message headers only, or a specified number of message lines.
- Memory-based message retrieval makes this product perfect for ASP applications.
- Powerful default operations are provided, including iteration through a message set to populate the Messages property.
- The Message object provides an object representation of any e-mail message. This formatting object supports easy manipulation of simple and complex (even nested) MIME messages.
- Complies with RFC 1939, "Post Office Protocol - Version 3"
- Detailed knowledge of POP3 is not required.
|Decoded message attachments are created in this directory.
|Specifies whether decoded message attachments are overwritten if the filename is the same.
|A True value indicates the control is currently executing a blocking method (Timeout is greater than 0), which has neither completed nor timed out with a ptTimeout error.
|Returns the number of messages on the server.
|Collection of Message Objects that is the default destination for downloaded messages when using Get.
|Number of lines of message body desired when using Get with msgPreview specified as a parameter.
|Security mode, such as Explicit, Implicit, None.
|For handling server certificates.
|Provides status information to the user interface. The State event fires to signal that this property has changed.
|Controls the blocking behavior of methods that can be used in blocking and non-blocking ways.
|Abort any blocking method and release all system resources.
|Show the About Box.
|Clear the client certificate.
|Send any protocol command to the server.
|Mark one or more messages for removal upon normal completion of the session.
|Get all or part of one or more messages.
|Connect to a POP3 server and authenticate in one easy step.
|End a session.
|Remove the "mark-for-delete" flag from all messages on the server.
|Start or stop the accumulation of trace or debug data. Once started, this method accumulates data until it is turned off.
|Presents the server certificate.
|Client certificate requested.
|Fires when an error condition occurs.
|Fires when a method has completed, the server has sent a reply, or progress information is available.
|Fires when the State property changes.
How easy is the POP Control to use? Check out the VB example below which demonstrates how to retrieve all message headers from a POP server and displays data about each header.
Pop1.Timeout = 30000
' Login to the server
Pop1.Login "mail.test.com", "testuser", "testpassword"
' Only get the header of the messages
Pop1.Preview = 0
' Get all message headers
' Iterate through the messages and display data
Dim msg As Message
For Each msg In Pop1.Messages
MsgBox "From: " & msg.From & " Subject: " & msg.Subject