PowerSNMP for .NET
PowerSNMP for .NET Agent Component
Use the Snmp Agent component to easily build SNMP agents. Provides an easy-to-use interface that handles the details of processing and responding to an SNMP Manager's request. Features include:
- Agent component generates responses to requests and can also initiate trap and notification (v2 trap) messages.
- Supports SNMP versions 1, 2 and 3.
- Requires no other system support besides basic Winsock transport.
- No knowledge of SNMP message formats required.
- Reads MIB files at run time and generates dynamic nodes representing object identifiers
- Handle responses for all requests with an easy CreateDefaultResponse method.
- Automatically switches between v1, v2 and v3 messages.
- Start method provides easy to implement operation on a worker thread.
- Marshal methods handle data marshaling to the UI thread.
- Build messages by setting properties, adding simple variable (OID) objects, and sending. It doesn't get any easier!
- IPv6 support
- Respond to or ignore broadcasted requests